Sponsored by The Print Foundry
Below is a basic itinerary of how the session will go unless you would like one tailored more to suit your needs at no extra coast.
The session will take place in Sarah’s dedicated studio within the heart of Floralands Farm Park & Garden Village Lambley Nottingham.
The ‘Purely Posing’ 1-2-1 aims to take your understanding of manipulating the Newborn and refining your posing to bring your business to the next level
Lunch, snacks and refreshments included
(Please advise if any food restrictions or allergies)
Sarah’s Newborn Art 1-1 practical part runs like she would run her own client shoots; you would see how she will set everything up. The delegates will get chance to shoot a huge range of photographs that may be blogged with a description about the session, Sarah at all times demonstrates safe baby posing, how to mould and handle baby, compositional tricks to create those WOW poses her clients have grown to love, and soothing tips and tricks that have earned her the name ‘Baby Whisperer’ among them.
Sarah shoots studio lighting so you will need to bring a trigger where possible please let her know upon booking that this is not possible.
Sarah will take you through doing composites as she uses these at ALL times for safety. A composite shot is one that consists of 2 or more images merged together in Photo-shop so baby is being held at all times for safety.
What to expect:
Power Point presentation covering:
- Preparing parents for the session.
- Planning and Prep.
- Building a client photographer relationship.
- Sleep & How – Covering Newborn sleep cycles.
- Safety – Including composites.
During the practical
- Setting up – Equipment, Props
- Bean Bag Posing – Safe baby posing and pose flowing, how to mould and handle baby,
- Composites – Compositional tricks to create those WOW poses her clients have grown to love,
- Prop posing – Safe use of props with Floor and Backdrop posing
- Soothing – Tips and tricks that have earned her the name ‘Baby Whisperer’ among her clients.
- Sleep – How to recognize sleep patterns and work with them to get the best poses.
- Composites -as she uses a lot for safety.
- Editing- Sarah will take you through editing one of the images from the day.
The mentoring is ongoing and each student will be added to a closed Facebook support page.
Sarah is an open book there is chance for loads of questions throughout the shoot as and when you would like to ask anything. Chance to just relax and chat after the session with Q&A. Only Available to photographers outside a 40-mile radius of NG4 4QL
50% is due upon booking is due to secure your place and none- refundable
but maybe transferred to another date. As soon as model is born, and we arrange a day the remainder of the balance is due.
You are also responsible for your own transport and accommodations
The Springfield Inn Lowdham 4.7 Miles 17 mins from Studio
Premier Inn Daybrooke 3.6 miles 9 Mins from Studio
BEST WESTERN Bestwood Lodge Hotel 4.6 Miles 12 mins from Studio
Closest Airport – East Midlands 22.7 Miles 37 Mins From Studio
Closest Train Station – Nottingham – 17.2 miles 18 mins from Studio
Purely Posing – Remarkable Newborn posing workshops – By Sarah Wilkes Photography
What Others are saying about her training
- “I found this a brilliant day. Thoroughly enjoyed myself and would quite happily attend again! If you get the option to get together the evening before, do so. I found it very beneficial and relaxed (also a great laugh!!). I came away with so many things to think about and lots to improve and work on with my business. Sarah is brill and so is Alison! Everyone was so friendly. Thank you, Sarah xx
- “Couldn’t recommend this workshop enough. Even though I use different lighting to Sarah it did not matter at all as the workshop focuses solely on posing, handling etc. It was great to see how Sarah handled things even when babies don’t cooperate, real eye opener for newborn shoot expectations and I learnt so much in one day. Also met lots of great people on the day too! Definitely worth every penny”
- I only use natural light but the workshop was extremely beneficial. Sarah handles the babies with ease and it was a joy to watch. I learnt so much but still have a great deal to learn. Met some great people and Sarah helped make learning fun. Would happily join another workshop.
- “Wow what an amazing and inspirational day! Thank you so much for mentoring me today! Loved it!”
- “Sarah thank you so much for my amazing 1-1 session in your studio! I have learnt so much about handling newborns safely. A true baby whisperer! Your work has been a true inspiration to me, and I am really looking forward to putting what I have learnt into practice! ”
- “I just wanted to say a BIG thank you for my mentoring session. I had an absolutely fantastic day and I came away with a lot of knowledge and a ton of inspiration! I would highly recommend your one-to-one mentoring session to photographers that want to produce stunning images like yours!”
- “It was one the most informative workshops I have attended so far. The whole studio set up will take your breath away – it is so minimalistic and yet you will learn how to achieve results like THE Sarah Wilkes does. She is a true camera magician and a true treasure to the photography world. Book, learn, practice and with Sarah’s help you will get there faster than you have ever thought. “
- “Sarah, thank you SO much for such an invaluable mentoring session. I learned so much and at the same time had a very enjoyable day. Your work is amazing, an inspiration to many, emulated by few. I have attended quite a few photography courses over the years, but your input was definitely the best value for money by far. Thanks again, Sandra x”
- “Hi Sarah! Thank you so much for this great mentoring session! I had a very good time, a great experience, and I am looking forward to putting all I have learned into practice! All the best to you for the future and keep inspiring all new photographers coming to see you.”
- “Hi Sarah. I wanted to say a big thank you for all your help in mentoring me. you are so creative and a huge inspiration to me. The day was everything I hoped it would be and more.”